Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Heart Chicago

We drove to Chicago again over the weekend. We saw this:


Wood, American Gothic

And this:


Seurat, A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

And this too:


van Gogh, The Poet's Garden

I could have stood and stared at van Gogh's work all day. Many of the paintings were off display due to renovations, but we still saw Pissaros, Monets, Giffords, and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

Yeah. I know embarassingly little about art. But still--culture! Grown-up time! (Even though the kids were there and quite loud and not even a little bit patient. I'm so used to people staring and/or giving me dirty looks it doesn't even faze me anymore.)

*happy sigh* It was heaven.

3 comments:

Niesja said...

So good to see you are writing again! This would be a lot of fun...

Chris said...

Hey Niesja!

It was a blast. It's nice to live somewhere rural but still be close enough to a big city that we can pick up and go when the mood strikes.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog